Block Club is the branding, strategy, and content agency that wants better. We work to position and amplify brands for forward-thinking organizations who are growing—fast.
We’re looking to welcome an enterprising and visionary creative director to lead our design team across all touchpoints, including brand strategy and design system development, content strategy and production, web, motion, digital ad and OOH campaigns, and more. This role is part of Block Club’s five-strong team of directors who lead the day-to-day operations of the agency under the advisement of the founding partners. The ideal candidate has an experience-backed passion for driving brands and growing businesses through best-in-class creative. As creative director, you’ll:
- Collaborate with fellow directors and larger Block Club team to deliver strategic creative for clients and Block Club’s own brand and internal initiatives
- Leverage industry insights to ensure all creative work is strategy-led and positions Block Club as a thought leader
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of designers to create world-class brands and modern marketing assets with a digital-first mindset
- Deliver creative direction with thoughtfulness and a strong process to ensure successful execution
- Supervise and drive projects from beginning to end in collaboration with our copy and brand teams
- Meet weekly with directors team to set company goals, review sales pipeline, identify challenges, and deliver solutions to drive progress towards Block Club’s vision
- Uphold best practices and internal process standards, including creative accountability and proactive support of staff resources and financial stewardship
- Expertly pitch and present creative to clients and sales prospects, including internal teams and stakeholders
- Lead with an expert knowledge of current trends, techniques, and processes
- Make design decisions with business objectives and strategies top of mind
Our clients are primarily B2B SaaS startups, fintechs, and technology companies—past and present clients include Plaid, Argyle, Codat, Alloy, Zero Hash, Stytch, and M&T Bank. Experience with related subject matter is a plus, but not a requirement—a keen interest and a passion for learning new industries is. We create brands for companies that are changing the world with new technologies and thrive on the opportunity to create work that will serve as a model in these industries.
We are a dynamic agency. In a single day, you might pivot from delivering a creative presentation, to developing brand platforms, to reviewing identity concepts, to 1:1 meetings with your team, to a content strategy brainstorm, to critiquing animation work. Your goal should be to infuse excellence into everything you do. This is a demanding job, so real motivation is required to thrive. Block Club is a small company, so everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty.
If you’re the perfect fit:
- You love visual storytelling, have a deep understanding of branding and digital design, are familiar with UI/UX best practices, and have a keen interest in evolving marketing techniques and interactive content.
- You are inspired and ambitious; you push yourself for continued growth and to bring your work to the next level.
- You are energized and highly collaborative, you are ready to face new challenges head-on each day with a can-do attitude.
- You lead by example in empowering, mentoring and inspiring your direct reports and supporting their growth.
- You have a record of gaining client trust in creative solutions for their businesses, especially at the leadership levels.
- You’re excited by the challenge of bringing new technology brands to life and ideas to market.
To be considered for the position you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience at an agency, startup or client-side organization
- 5+ years in a creative management role with direct reports
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to lead strategic branding and creative projects across mediums for a diverse range of clients
- A record of leading successful projects from strategy through creative development
- Experience managing a creative team and production partners
- The ability to juggle competing demands from multiple clients and within the agency
- Expert knowledge of industry standard software, including Adobe and Figma
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve efficiently, intelligently, and with positivity
- Resilience and positivity in challenging situations
- To be a thoughtful and dynamic team player
We are a fully remote agency however you must live and work in the United States.
This job offers competitive pay based on experience with a salary premium for those living in cities with a high cost of living. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401k match, an employee profit-sharing program, and participation in Block Club’s Residency Program, which gives every employee the opportunity to temporarily live and work abroad with a generous stipend provided by the agency.