Block Club is the branding, strategy, and content agency that wants better. We work to build and strengthen brands for forward-thinking organizations who are growing—fast.
We’re looking for a talented senior designer to help us shape our design team and drive the visual direction of clients’ brands. The ideal candidate has advanced experience in branding, typography, social and digital communication design, web layout, and a passion for driving brands and businesses with design. As senior designer, you’ll:
- Create inspired, visionary work at every touch point, from brand development to content
- Collaborate with teammates to use creativity and all of the tools at your disposal to create work that’s implemented by clients in real time
- Approach your work with a digital-first mindset
- Own your work from research to conceptual development to execution, collaborating with other senior members of the team and with guidance from art and/or creative directors
- Collaborate with the art director to guide internal awareness of industry creative trends and standards with a strong focus on processes and tools
- Work with a strong, adaptable process and demonstrate an ability to pivot based on unique client attributes, deliverable type, and deadlines
- Cultivate a strong working knowledge of our target industries by researching our clients’ operations, organizational challenges, target customers, and competitive landscape
- Confidently present to and interface with clients in discovery and feedback sessions to ask probing questions and gain insights needed to approach your work thoughtfully
- Make design decisions with business objectives and strategies top of mind
Our clients are primarily B2B SaaS startups, fintechs, and technology companies—including Plaid, Argyle, Codat, Alloy, Zero Hash, Stytch, and M&T Bank. Experience with related subject matter (or keen interest and a willingness to learn!) is a plus. We create brands for companies that are changing the world with new technologies and thrive on the opportunity to create work that will serve as a model in these emerging industries.
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate on big campaign ideas across a variety of platforms. In a single day, you might pivot from concepting logos, to developing technical illustrated graphics, to animating a social media ad, to brainstorming campaign concepts, to reviewing other team members’ work. Your goal should be to infuse excellence into everything you do. This is a demanding job, so real motivation is required to thrive.
If you’re the perfect fit:
- You love visual storytelling, with a deep understanding of branding and digital design, and have a keen interest in evolving digital marketing techniques and interactive content.
- You are inspired and creatively ambitious; you push yourself for continued growth and to bring your work to the next level, showing up with fresh ideas and techniques.
- You’re independent and resourceful, and approach your work with a point of view.
- You’re not afraid of a quick-turn deadline or a project pivot, and approach challenges with a “yes, and” attitude.
- You confidently own your work and process; you know when to work independently and when to reach out for a hand.
- You catch on quickly to technical details and business concepts.
To be considered for the position you’ll need:
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of visually stunning work
- Expert knowledge of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Figma. Strong skills in motion graphics are a huge plus
- A creative and strategic mind
- Sound organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- The ability to juggle competing demands from multiple clients and within the agency
- Resilience and positivity in challenging situations
- To be a thoughtful and dynamic team player
Block Club is a small company, so everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty. This job pays $75,000 to $92,500 annually based on experience (with a 10-15% salary premium for those living in cities with a high cost of living). Benefits include PTO, health insurance, disability and life insurance, 401k match, an employee profit-sharing program, and participation in Block Club’s Residency Program, which gives every employee the opportunity to temporarily live and work abroad with a generous stipend provided by the agency.
We’re headquartered in Buffalo, New York, with a satellite office in New York City, but we’re a fully remote team. Offices are available for you to use if you’d like, but working in the office is not required.